From:
Anne Baseler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Anne Baseler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Mar 2002 11:32:33 -0500
I don't think the comment is meant to either encourage or reflect Ivy/Big 10
plans to split off.  I think it translates to "all you people who are
complaining about getting bounced by autobids should stop complaining -- it
could be worse."

The Ivies and the non-Ivy ECAC members fully realize their mutual value to
one another.  Without the non-Ivies the Ivies are... well, they're Ivy
football, utterly marginalized.  Without the Ivies, the non-Ivy ECAC members
are aother MAAC waiting to happen.

Whether the Big 10 would ever think about going its own way is something I
don't know about.  It sure would cause a big realignment in the west.