From:
"Anthony J. Buffa" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Anthony J. Buffa
Date:
Tue, 19 Mar 2002 07:10:54 -0800
Back in the 50s and 60s when the west would win boht matchups and there
would be two W teams in the finals year after year.. they moved to this
type of bracket, just to ensure the E would have a team in the finals.
Take alook at some of the results. I think one year (1963?) Denver beat
St. Lawrence like 12-2 or something in the FINALS. What kind of
competition is that? Eventually they dropped this method as the East and
west became more balanced. So this part I dont understand at all.

Tony Buffa
RPI '64

======