From:
"J. Iwen" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
J. Iwen
Date:
Thu, 7 Mar 2002 09:24:50 -0600
>As far as I know, red-shirts are relatively rare in hockey.

Redshirts are not that rare. Besides medical redshirts, two of Wisconsin's
seniors this year (including the captain) had a redshirt freshman season. I
can think of numerous other players that have been redshirted.

Considering one of the reasons Ben picked BC was to stay out of his father's
shadow (as Mike is Wisconsin's all-time leading scorer), I cannot see him
transfering to Wisconsin to play for his father. Same with Pat. If they had
wanted to play for Wisconsin, they would've.