From:
Craig Powers <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Craig Powers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Mar 2002 16:21:12 -0600
Bill Fenwick wrote:

> Especially especially if Ben is a
> "red-shirt" sophomore as opposed to a "true" sophomore (I don't know if he is,
> and I don't even know if red-shirting occurs in hockey with anywhere near the
> frequency of football -- but if he's already red-shirted, transferring would
> cost him a season of eligibility in addition to the year of not playing).

As far as I know, red-shirts are relatively rare in hockey.  I can think
of two players for Northeastern who have taken non-medical redshirts and
stayed with the team.  One was Trevor Reschny (but I think that might
have been a mid-year enrollment for eligibility reasons), and the other
was Brian Tudrick.  This is since the 1993-94 season.  It's possible
that there have been a couple of others that I missed, but I don't
think so.

The only other Northeastern redshirt I'm aware of is Arik Engbrecht's
medical redshirt, which happened in what would have been his sophomore
year.