From:
"MacKinnon, John" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
MacKinnon, John
Date:
Thu, 28 Feb 2002 13:39:08 -0500
The High School groups drastically slowed their annual trips to DC after the
Sept. 11th tragedy.  Now I remain confident that in 6 years they would
return at a higher rate than today.

Besides I agree that they would block out hotels for travelers.  Not to
mention with our Metro System you can stay outside the district, hop on the
metro and feel safely removed from the wrath of the "enter favorite teen
band here" crowd.

Every host features great and weak points.  Did the lack of downtown hotels
stop us from going to Albany or Providence?Did Disneyland kiddies stop
Hockey-L from trekking to Anaheim?  Did the "wicked bahhd" pahhking
situation stop us from going to Bahhhstn?

*cue patriotic music*  Does Northwest Airline's stranglehold on flights
(read expensive) to the Twin Cities stop us this year?  Did the subsidized
beer and artery clogging brats stop us from visiting Milwaukee?  (Mmmmm :))

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?  No, we're survivors.  And
mister, we persevere....*start humming then singing "We Shall Overcome."

So what if our former Mayor smoked Crack, so what if we can't get a baseball
team and our football team features a non-PC mascot...we can and will press
forward with this mission to bring the Phrozen Phour to MCI.

As they say down on Capitol Hill...I respectfully disagree with the
statements from Senator Sagat from the Great State of (Bob and Arleen's home
state).

Just my $.02 now back to CSPAN's regular gavel to Gavel coverage...