Date:
Thu, 2 Nov 2000 12:43:02 EST
let me see- if someone rips Army and makes wisecracks about them- that is
intelligent discussion- then if someone else says that Army hockey players
are "free loaders" who are in and out in five years and I point out that
Billy Morrison ('97) who RPI should remember well lost part of his leg on
active duty in a helicopter accident- that is sophomoric- my point is that
Army plays hard and will always give its all under difficult circumstances
(the easiest part of  my sons days at West Point were hockey practice)- I
remember a Friday night game at Tate Rink (named for 2 Army hockey brothers
who gave their lives in WW2) and then a Saturday pm game at Yale- the Army
sophomores all were up at 5:30 am so they could take a test at 7am and then
leave for Yale at noon- just a fact- not jinogistic. Having been the father
of a D1 goalie and having heard what passes for intelligent "cheering" at
many arenas- I can stand the misguided comments of those who do not
understand my comments and the example of foreign players (Kariya; Italian
baseball & hockey players et al) proves the point- all they do is retard the
growth of the game in Italy etc and take a spot away from a home grown
product- fortunately decent people can disagree on these subjects without
getting all worked up or calling me names- I have been through the hockey
wars; have worked with AHAUS (now HockeyUSA) and my perspective is somewhat
different than some of you. Thanks for the many voices of support and I hope
we can all be friends even if our opionions are different.