From:
Kretsch Kenneth <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kretsch Kenneth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Nov 2000 09:02:29 -0500
Folks,

Some countries trying to field national teams in sports that are popular in
the US offer roster spots to Americans who are descendent from immigrants
from the country. I was watching the Olympics this past September and both
the Italian baseball and softball teams had several Americans on their squad
who were of Italian decent. I assume from this discussion that you all
sympathize with the young Italians that were denied a spot on the roster due
to these imported Americans.

And I seem to recall that Paul Kariya was actually eligible to play for
Japan in the Olympics. How would you all have felt if he had?

Ken Kretsch
TyCom
Office: (732) 578-7483