From:
Dan Doucette <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dan Doucette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Nov 2000 20:43:57 -0500
The sad thing about jingoists is that they believe their arguments are so
absolute, but the facts often show otherwise:

West Point enrolls and trains foreign officers, they just don't end up
in the US Army.

Hometowns of three BC Eagles 2000-01 roster, courtesy of their
website:  Calgary, AB
Kanata, ON and Osoyoos, BC.

What I do not know is whether West Point now enrolls any Canadians....

Hey, this is getting just like USCHO !!

>Sender: - Hockey-L - The College Hockey Discussion List
>From: [log in to unmask]
>Subject:      Re: How did Army get a vote?
>
>I have no qualms about stating my preference for American student athletes at
>American colleges. The proliferation of foreign athletes (not just in hockey
>but football; basketball; soccer; et al) means one less spot for an American.
>One more "cheap" shot from someone who obviously does not know where Tate
>Rink at West Point got its name or for that matter all of the Army athletes
>who have made the ultimate sacrifice for this country (and for you to launch
>your ad hominem attacks). Only one year ago Billy Morrison (hey RPI the guy
>who ruined your homecoming in 1994) lost the lower portion of his leg in a
>heliocopter crash on a training mission. Five years not enough for you? I am
>sick of the cheap shots at the Academy. Anyone can build a hockey program by
>trolling the Great White North (and by the way it is a compliment that the
>migration is one sided- our way) but I respect the Minnesotas and BC for
>their commitment to American hockey players. You want to denigrate Army
>hockey (I remember last year when SI ran a nice article on UND's goalie and
>how he thrived in summer camp- Armys  goalie spent the summer studying field
>artillery. Army will take on the best and do their best and never quit
>something we should take pride in.

Dan Doucette

U Maine Hockey wins it all in odd-numbered years !!