From:
Karen/Greg Ambrose <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Karen/Greg Ambrose <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Oct 2000 20:23:44 +0800
What crap!  Larry never misses a chance to flaunt his jingoism ad nauseum.
As many besides me have said before, the players are all human beings, some
play to prepare for the pros, others to get a degree courtesy of the
university they are playing for.  The noble American is no different than
the "invader" from a foreign land.

Tell me Larry, what is the average stint of active duty for varsity
athletes who graduate from the service academies?  My guess is, with most,
its the mandatory five years and out.  Ten years out (that's age 32 or so),
I would guess most of them are doing the same thing that the rest of the
players you seem to disparage are doing - NHL, Wall Street, teaching,
coaching and, by and large, being productive citizens.

IMHO your comments are an affront to every non-US player who has ever
played American college hockey.

Greg Ambrose