From:
Dan Doucette <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dan Doucette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 May 2000 21:33:18 -0500
Wayne, you're right.  He was a superior COLLEGE player.

However, I think he may the victim of a dangerous trap, being from the
Boston area himself, then going on to a Boston school.

One interesting thing about the Boston media: they take every chance to
find fault with most of our pro athletes, but I think in some form of cruel
compensation, build up youth stars way beyond what is reasonable.  The
build up is even more intense for a college star who also is a native of
the Boston area.

We'll see if he demands a one-way contract...then buys an IROC with the
signing bonus to drive up and down by Kelly's on the Beach.

How did he select an agent from the Wolff organization so quickly ?

This is a blow for the BU program, as toward tournament time, the ability
to advance onward has much to do with strength in net.

Worst of all, this decision came very late for replacements to be easily
found.  Lots of letters of intent have been executed so far.  Onward to
Europe, eh, Jackie ???

>He was obviously a superior college hockey player this past season, and
>I very much enjoyed seeing him play.  This is a *major* loss for BUs
>hopes for next season, should this come to pass.
>
>cheers, wayne
>
>Wayne T. Smith          Systems Group -- UNET Technology Services

Dan Doucette

Maine Hockey - we win it all in odd-numbered years

Bill Gates should be sentenced to using a Macintosh
for the rest of his natural life.