From:
Jim Love <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 18 Mar 2000 23:24:30 -0500
Hi -

On Sat, 18 Mar 2000, Wayne T. Smith wrote:
> [Now that] the action is finished tonight, I'll guess we might have the
> following selections and seedings ...
>
>        At Minneapolis                     At Albany
>     5W Mich State (C)                  6E St Cloud (W)
>     4W New Hampshire (H)               3E Boston Univ (H)
>
>          1W Wisconsin (W)         2E St Lawrence (E)
>                               +
>          2W North Dakota (W)      1E Maine (H)
>
>     3W Colgate (E)                     4E Niagara (A)
>     6W Boston Coll (H)                 5E Michigan (C)

  If you run John Whelan's script, and admit Niagara, then yes - I'd have
to concur.  From a UNH standpoint, I'm of course disappointed that we're
(likely) headed west, but the *real* kicker is that we're doing so because
of the M. Souza non-goal in the 2nd BU game at the Whitt.  Had that goal
counted, and UNH won - rather than tied that game - we'd no longer lose
the comparison to BU because of a 0-1-2 mark vs. the Terriers, but win on
RPI with a washout 1-1-1 mark.  That ONE GOAL is, IMHO, the reason UNH
will be in Minneapolis and not BU ....

  BTW, what a finish to the HE Championship !!  It was exciting on the
radio - I can't imagine the thrill (or bitter disappointment) for those of
you there in person ....

  Cheers from Maryland - Jim