From:
Bryan Hanssen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bryan Hanssen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Aug 1999 08:01:24 -0400
It does seem unfair---your card being charged well ahead of when you're going to
receive the tickets. (You can probably bet the tickets aren't even printed yet.)
When this happened to me a few years ago, for the finals in Boston, I called my
credit card company to learn if they (the FleetCenter in this case) could do this.
The response I got was, once you give out your card number, no matter when the
product or service is to be delivered, they are allowed to charge you. So this
method of  prepayment is nothing new. Instead of 4-6 weeks for delivery, it's 9-21
months! You have to put a little bit of trust in the NCAA, Pepsi Arena, or whoever
charged you in that they are keeping good records, that you'll receive your
tickets, and you won't be charged again. I'm sure that if people were getting
screwed in the past that this board, and others like it, would have been flooded
with venomous postings toward the culprit.

Again, it does seem unfair, but it seems to be a routine way of doing things, and I
wouldn't worry about it.

Bryan