From:
"Sara M. Fagan" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sara M. Fagan
Date:
Thu, 24 Jun 1999 21:40:10 -0400
Karen/Greg Ambrose wrote:

> If Beaney gets the job, he will be the fourth D1 coach who played his
> college hockey at UNH under Charlie Holt.  The others are Dick Umile (UNH),
> Bruce Crowder (NU) and Joe Marsh (St. Lawrence).  In addition, Norwich
> coach Mike McShane, who previously coached at St. Lawrence and Providence,
> played under Holt as did newly hired Phoenix Coyote coach Bob Francis.
>
> Can any other school or coach match this legacy of UNH and the legendary
> Charlie Holt?
> .

St. Lawrence may have only 3 head coaches in Div. 1 but there are quite a few
others as well.
According to the SLU Media Guide (1998-99). These are the Saints in college
coaching:
Head Coaches                               (comments in parentheses are mine)
    Ron Mason - Michigan State
    Bill Wilkinson -Western Michigan ( I know he is not there anymore but I thought
I saw that he hired some place to coach)
    Don Vaughn - Colgate
    Steve Nelson - Wisconsin-Superior
    Terry Martin - Canton College
    Al MacCormack -
    Dave Snyder - Wesleyan
    Paul Duffy - Geneseo State
Assistant Coach
    Paul Flanagan - SLU (din't he become head coach of the women?)
    Chris Wells - Western Michigan ( He has returned to SLU)
Pro coaches
    Jacques martin - Ottawa
    Mike Keenan - (has he gotten another job yet?)

Not a bad list.

Sara
SLU '77
Let's go SAINTS!!!!!!