From:
"Rowe, Thomas" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rowe, Thomas
Date:
Thu, 8 Apr 1999 11:22:27 -0500
And I thank you for doing it.

I entered a few years ago when Lake State last won and picked everything
correctly except the winner of the final game, only to finish down the list
a quarter of the way, losing to people who had several erroneous picks along
the way.  That turned me off to the contest.

What I don't like is the inflation of points as the rounds continue.  I know
its to keep possibilities open for people to win who have not been perfect
up to that point, but it just didn't feel fair when it happened to me and I
haven't entered since.

Since you ask, how about an across the board 2 points for every winner, 2
points for having the score differential exactly right (regardless of who
wins), 1 point for having the differential within 1 point, and 1 point for
correctly designating an overtime game.  But no point inflation as the games
go on.

Tom Rowe                                          [log in to unmask]
Home of Division 3 National Champion Pointers
89, 90, 91 & 93 and National Runners Up 92 & 98
<snip>