From:
Sean Pickett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sean Pickett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Mar 1999 13:20:33 -0500
I am researching the complete history of the Boston University hockey
program and as part of that research I am attempting to identify
every place the Terriers ever played a hockey game.  It has readily
become apparent to me that it will be difficult to properly
identify every place correctly.

I have found different places named over the years as the
home rink for one team (i.e, both the Michigan Coliseum and Yost Ice
Arena for Michigan.)  I also know that several arenas have been
renovated over the years, sometimes almost completely (i.e.,
Harvard's Watson Rink becoming Bright Hockey Center, )other times not
as much (i.e., Northeastern's Matthews Arena getting a larger ice
surface.).  Some places are also renamed with or without renovations
(i.e., Boston Arena to Matthews Arena). Others have multiple names
(i.e., UNH's Towse Rink at Whittemore Center) or official and common
names (i.e., BU's Walter A. Brown Memorial Skating Pavilion, commonly
called Walter Brown Arena or just Brown Arena.)  Others have had
multiple rinks with the same name (i.e., Minnesota's Mariucci
Arenas.)

Therefore, I am appealing to the readers of this list for help.  I
would appreciate any and all of the following information that is
sent me regarding all rinks used my college teams, both currently and
in the past:

College Team
Official Name of Rink
Common Name(s)
Date opened or first used
Date last used
Capacity
Ice Surface Size
Previous Name(s)
Date of name change(s) and/or renovation(s)

I would also be grateful for any rink/arena histories that may be
sent to me.  Thank you.

Sean Pickett
Waiting for the 1999-2000 season so I can say, "Go Terriers, 1999
Beanpot Champions" again.