From:
scott quakkelaar <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
scott quakkelaar <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Mar 1999 08:29:21 -0800
i think your #1 hits the nail right on the head.  sprinkle in a little
expectation of $90, lower bowl and $75, upper bowl, and you have an
irate tony buffa (and apparently lots of others).

however, i like chuck cliff's attitude.  he seems to enjoy being there
wherever he gets stuck.

i'm happy just so long as i don't have to listen to michigan tech's
band during a power play.

(fingers crossed for good seats)

see you all in anaheim...

scott quakkelaar
michigan, 1993
ucla, 1995

---John Whelan <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Tony Buffa writes:
>
> > Is it fair to stuff folks who paid $90 a year ago in the
> > upper reaches in lieu of POSSIBLY selling out down below? Least
they could
> > have done is had a lottery.  They charged my credit card a year
ago. Now
> > they tell me the seat location???? Wht kind of policy is that? I
am sure
> > teh NCAA knew EXACTLY what seats they wanted back a year ago. And
I think
> > they coul dhave mixed it up a bit. Just asking for fairness not
special
> > consieration.
>
> Sounds like the real problem is that 1) the Pond has too broad a
> definition of $90 seats and 2) the ticket lottery gives you too little
> control over where your seats are.  This is true whether or not
sections
> are set aside for the schools.
>
> Shuffling school alotments with the general public's location seems
> like a bad idea to me, since it's desirable to have a "section" with a
> high concentration of the school's fans.  And imagine the difficultly
> in trying to conduct a pep band whose seats were "mixed up" all over
> the arena!  ;-)
>                                           John Whelan, Cornell '91
>                                      http://www.amurgsval.org/joe/

==

unbreakable toys are often useful for breaking other toys

                                        -- author unknown