From:
Nate Huang <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Nov 90 12:03:59 -0500
Erik wrote:
> The following "New York Times Union college hockey top 10"

Is that New York Times Union, or Union College, or what?

The poll looked like one I saw in the Providence newspaper.  It
claimed to be a poll conducted by a local paper in Albany, NY.  The
voters are Division I coaches, so I guess this is the equivalent of
the UPI College Football poll.  Does anyone know which 25 coaches get
asked?  Can Ric Shaffer over in (my hometown) South Bend comment on
this?

Isn't this poll a little bogus?  I mean, college hockey does not have
the national exposure that college football does.  Does a coach out
east REALLY know who is better between N. Michigan and Lake Superior
State, probably never having seen them play?

Nate