From:
Matt Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Matt Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Feb 1999 09:37:16 -0600
Winny Brodt and Brian Spehar were seen this past weekend touring the UMD
campus.  Both are believed to be interested in transfering at teh end of
this season.  This rumor was confirmed through the Aunt of the Bulldog
Pizza owner who said they dined there with Serty.

On to the real news, in the MN Daily today there is an article with the
quote from Spehar, "Anyone who knows me knows that the last place in the
world that I would ever play hockey is Duluth."

http://www.daily.umn.edu/daily/1999/02/09/sports/spehar/

Also a fun quote from the paper about the backup goaltender.

Colorado College forward and Bloomington, Minn., native Toby Peterson was
not surprised that LaRue stood tall between the pipes.

"I know Robby LaRue, I played against him in the midget leagues when we
were nine," Peterson said. "We were undefeated until we played LaRue, and
he shut us out 1-0. We ended up 43-1-0.

"Yeah, LaRue is a stud."

Matt Evans
Minnesota '89