From:
Juan Martinez <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 6 Dec 1998 23:37:48 EST
Mark,

Although he has struggled to get points, David Evans has played fairly well in
his first semester at Clarkson. His best game was the 3-1 loss at SLU in which
he had three golden (pardon the pun) opportunities in front of Heffler but was
stoned each time. Defensively he's been solid and gets regular shifts each
game.

With his size, once he gets used to the speed of the league (always the
toughest transition for freshmen) he should contribute to the Knights' efforts
on the scoreboard. At times he looks like he's just a goal away from getting
the confidence offensively to be consistent points-wise. He and fellow rookie
Matt Poapst will be keys up front in the second half.

Hope this helps!
Juan Martinez