From:
Anthony Frolik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Anthony Frolik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Apr 1998 12:32:25 -0600
Responding to the message of         Thu, 2 Apr 1998 11:27:16 -0600
from Craig Roberts <[log in to unmask]>:

> From: Indy Rutks <[log in to unmask]>
> Date:         Thu, 2 Apr 1998 09:47:09 -0600
>
> >From Charley Walters' column, St. Paul Pioneer Press (4-2-98):
>
> "Don't be surprised if some Western Collegiate Hockey Association members
> try to
> block plans to admit Mankato State and Nebraska-Omaha within a couple of
> years.
> The issue could turn into a major blowup."
>
> **********
>
> North Dakota is trying to block admitting either of those teams into the
> league.
> Apparently, they don't want any more of a Division 2 presence in the
> league than
> is already there.

Huh?  UND is only D-I in hockey.  Why would they be so conserned about
having more teams that are only D-I in hockey?  If they want less D-II
presence, then maybe they should leave the league.  This doesn't make any
sense to me.  Does anyone know if this is truly the case and if so, why?

Tony