From:
Erik Biever <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Erik Biever <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Mar 1998 10:42:37 -0600
I didn't intend to disparage the AHL in this message:

> > Looks like the Hartford Wolf Pack is playing the Providence Bruins in
> > the Providence Civic Center on Friday, April 3.  That's only about an
> > hour away from Boston, as I recall.
>
> Also, the Chiefs are at home against Hyannisport at the War Memorial at
> 8, good seats are still available...

I'm aware that the AHL features the best of old-time hockey, as
exemplified by Eddie Shore, Dit Clapper, and Toe Blake.

Here's the smiley that probably should have accompanied, though would
have ruined, the earlier message:

:-)

- Erik

Supplementary Disclaimer:  This is still really a post about additional
hockey opportunities during the Phinal Phour weekend in Boston, not a
general statement about the quality of minor league hockey.   Your
mileage may vary.  Void where prohibited by law.