From:
Jennifer Iwen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jennifer Iwen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Mar 1998 10:26:04 -0600
At 11:29 PM -0600 3/24/98, Eric Carlson wrote:

>The North American University Hockey Championships is scheduled to be
>played April 10 at the Joe Louis Arena in Detroit.  They had the roster
>for the U.S. team, which this year is not restricted to American
>players, in the USA Today College Hockey site last week.  I noticed
>Forrest Gore from UW-Stevens Point was on the team (only D3 player), but
>I haven't heard anything about it being broadcast.

Interesting that the US changed their criteria after the CIAU won :)
Playing strictly American-born seniors is not a good representative of the
talent in the NCAA, obviously -- especially last year, with the multitude
of talented Canadian seniors, especially on the Wolverines...  of course, I
don't think having strictly seniors is a good representative of the talent,
either.  Anyone know if the Canadians have/had such requirements for the
tournament?

---
"Our doubts are traitors, And makes us lose the good we oft might win, by
fearing to attempt."
Shakespeare, Measure for Measure