From:
"Luiz F. Valente" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Luiz F. Valente
Date:
Sun, 22 Mar 1998 13:51:00 -0400
In article <[log in to unmask]>, Mark Lewin
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> A news article in the Albany Times Union this morning
> states that the ECAC is very close to reaching a new deal
> with the Olympic Regional Development Authority which would
> keep the ECAC tournament in Lake Placid for (probably) another three
> years.

This is GREAT news! Taking that trip to Lake Placid to cheer for your
favorite team is a treat, which unfortunately the Brown Bears -- in
cooperation with the Princeton Tigers :-)  -- have denied me for the past
four years...

> As an ECAC and college hockey fan, my only comment is "NUTS".
> I feel as if the proper place for this tournament is near the geometric
> center of the conference  which is Albany in an arena and an area
> that can handle a larger crowd.

Mark, you seem to be speaking more as an RPI fan than as a college hockey
fan. I am convinced that most fans, players and coaches would much rather
go to Lake Placid than Albany. Lake Placid is both beautiful AND fun, the
atmosphere is great, and the townspeople are kind and hospitable.The
Tri-City area, on the other hand, is one of the most unappealing regions
in the Northeast.

Last but not least, CONGRATULATIONS TO THE PRINCETON TIGERS. THEY DESERVE
OUR RESPECT AND ADMIRATION FOR BEATING ALL ODDS AND WINNING THE ECAC
CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

Luiz F. Valente
Brown University