From:
Joel Mack <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joel Mack <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Feb 1998 01:35:38 -0600
On Sun, 22 Feb 1998, Lydia Thomas wrote:

> This is in reference to SI....and your comment about a UNO article.  I am
> glad that they are going to do this but don't get your hopes up....Last
> year there was going to be an article on UNDs Hoogsteen brothers but that
> ended up to be nothing more than a sentance in their coverage of the
> National Championship article.  Which if you didn't read it was nothing
> more than a lets make fun of ND and college hockey in general article.
> According to SI unless some big ten team like Michigan is winning the
> hockey final four is nothing more than a "polka fest" and battle of the
> bands.  A new Div I team like Nebraska Omaha is likely to find themselves
> in this catagory but I hope for your sake and college hockeys sake I am
> wrong and they print a real article.

Not that SI is a real magazine anymore, anyhow.  The only thing they've
done well in the last 10 years is promote the free crap you get when you
subscribe.  Ever notice how they never actually mention the magazine in
their ads?

Joel

Joel Mack ([log in to unmask])                         Omaha, NE
Home Page: http://www.tconl.com/~jmack
The UNOfficial UNO Maverick Hockey Home Page:
   http://www.mavhockey.com