From:
Adam Wodon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Adam Wodon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Jan 1998 08:56:21 -0600
>UVM lost sophomore forward ???? Page to the juniors this week.  Page
didn't
>play last year due to NC$$ ineligibility of some kind and hasn't been
>getting much ice time this year (2 assists in 12 games).  UVM now has
16
>forwards, 6 defensemen, and 3 goalies on the roster.

Christophe Page (french-canadian) is his name. This is incredibly
surprising.  I did a story on him last year -- and the gist is, he had
to sit because of a mixup over the proper class requirements - and
Vermont thought the NCAA clearinghouse was being too harsh -- and it
brought up the whole issue of discrimination against the
French-Canadians ....

But anyway -- it's surprising because Page basically stuck it out all of
last year when he could  have gone major junior then, which was a really
tough call for the kid.  Why he would then do an about face doesn't make
sense.

AW