From:
Karen/Greg Ambrose <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Karen/Greg Ambrose <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Jan 1998 20:59:38 -0500
Noticed on USCHO that Mark Mowers is one of fourteen nominees for the
Hockey Humanitarian Award, given each year to "college hockey's finest
citizen."  I have never heard of this award before and am wondering what
the background on its development is.  Is the Hockey Humanitarian Committee
an arm of the NCAA or a separate entity?  How many years has the award been
given, who is on the committee, how does one get nominated?  Just curious.

BTW, whatever the criteria, Mowers is an excellent nominee.  In the words
of one of the UNH hockey player parents I have spoken to, "he is an ace."
With his presence on and off the ice, he is clearly one of the best
captains in UNH history.

Greg Ambrose, UNH '72
ON TO A SWEEP IN THE GREAT FROZEN NORTH!!