From:
Mark Lewin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark Lewin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Mar 1997 14:41:39 +0000
At 12:24 PM 3/7/97 -0500, Thomas Chestna wrote:
> #5 Union (18-11-3, 11-8-3 ECAC) at #4 Rensellaer (17-11-4, 12-7-3 ECAC)
> Union in 3 games. In what promises to be one of the best series of the
>season, I think Union will upset RPI. I would look for RPI taking the Friday
>game and then Union sweeping the next 2.....

I beg to differ with one of your statements. If you examine the recent trends
of both Union and RPI as well as their relative PWR rankings,
I cannot consider a Union victory over RPI as an upset.
This series is a toss up; RPI has home ice (but not necessarily home
crowd advantage) and Union has the momentum as well as the defensive
advantage. And as most hockey fans will agree, in the playoffs, the
most important factors are good defense and good goaltending.

But, going back to one of my earlier posts about RPI not considering
Union its #1 rival,  should Union win and move on, a lot of Engineer
fans will root for Union's success in the playoffs.

See, the hatred just isn't there yet  :-)