Date:
Wed, 5 Mar 1997 01:24:59 -0600
On Tue, 4 Mar 1997, Scott Spooner wrote:

> Rule 4,Section 2, note 1 (page 31) of the 1997 NCAA Rule book states that:
>
> Short-handed means..........No minor or bench minor penalty will terminate
> as the result of a penalty-shot goal.

Does anything cover whether a delayed penalty survives it?  It's my
understanding that a power-play goal during a delayed penalty kills the
pending penalty as well as the first one.  If this is true, wouldn't
the proper call be to leave everyone in the box, but don't add any more?

|   Michael Patrick Bresina   |     America's always had a problem     |
|  [log in to unmask]  |  with illegal aliens.  Ask any Indian. |
|           Common sense is what tells us the world is flat.           |
|             I don't judge a man by the color of his skin;            |
|            I judge him by his choice of internet provider.           |
|  I'm not an elevator boy, though I play one in some people's karma.  |