From:
Dan Olsen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 5 Dec 1996 08:00:42 -0500
Classification:
Prologue:
Epilogue: Dan Olsen
Client Services Representative
East Fishkill, NY / Building 504 2J5-21
Ph: 8-532-5259 / (914) 892-5259
FAX: 8-532-7588 / (914 )892-7588
Mail: IBMUSM00(DOLSEN) or

This is one of the more interesting polls I've seen this year.  It probably
more accurately reflects the current rankings than any other poll.  To see
Boston U. lose to St. Lawrence and Clarkson in the same weekend and look
absolutely horrible and see them still ranked second in some polls is beyond my
belief.

It seems that hockey-l is one of the only major polls that is giving Miami-OH
some credit.  A 14-2 victory over Colgate is impressive, no matter who's in
goal.  Vermont is finally beginning to drop to where they should be.  It's nice
to have the names and talent, but losses have seemed to be in fashion for the
Cats.  Someone should be taking a look at what RPI is doing.  They aren't a top
ten team, but they definitely belong somewhere in the realm of Princeton at
number 15.  Granted Princeton is in second in the ECAC, but RIP has 4 games in
hand.

Finally, I had to make a new paragraph to dispute the fate of my Alma Mater.
Clarkson is ranked 13th, 124 points behind Vermont.  Clarkson is 5th in the
ECAC, while UVM is 8th with more games played.  The Knights have some bad
losses (Yale, Union) as do the Cats (Dartmouth, RPI, others).  The Knights have
some big wins (Boston Coll, BU) as do the Cats (BU).  What's up with this, I
realize the rankings are close, but 124 points isn't .