From:
Eleanor Rodgers <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 12 Nov 1996 16:53:28 -0500
>I think Kariya does tip the scale quite a bit in Maine's favor.
>But Corkum is a 3rd liner at best, Weinrich is about a #4-#6 defenseman
>on an average team and Beers I have heard of him but I don't know where
>he plays (Tampa Bay??)  What about the Feraro brothers and Mike Dunham -
>they are all stuck in the minors.  I don't agree with the "quality" part.

Can't help but jump in here, I saw the Ferraros play at the Rangers
training camp.  And as you all may know, Daniel Goneau is the super-rookie
the Rangers are praising now.  I have no bias here because I talked both to
Goneau and Chris Ferraro, but I have to say that the Ferraros, and Chris in
particular, sorely outplayed Goneau in training camp.  In fact, during the
scrimmages Chris Ferraro was consistently scoring more goals than anyone,
including Robitaille, Momesso, etc.  (The World Cuppers weren't there, but
my point is clear)

>Michigan has some decent talent out there:  Norton, Oliver, Roberts
I for one am willing to bet Jason Botterill will be playing for the Stars,
if not next year, *soon.*

And back to my own bias here, UVM is the proud alma mater of the NHL player
of the week, John LeClair.  And I keep hearing over and over that Thomas,
St. Louis and Perrin will make the NHL.  We'll see, but they are pretty
good, and the French guys can do stuff Kariya could never do in college (or
so I've been told often enough)

Eleanor

GO UVM HOCKEY CATS!

Eleanor Rodgers         Box 201 South Street
St. Paul's '96          New Haven VT 05472
Berkeley '00            (802)862-3575

"If you build it, they will come....eventually."

-This message brought to you from the Philadelphia Flyers
1996-97 Stanley Cup Champions