From:
Roger Spurgeon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Roger Spurgeon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Nov 1996 11:23:46 -0500
Glenn already mentioned this, but here's more:

From this morning's Michigan Daily, UM Trainer Rick Bancroft reported that
Crozier has a fractured radius and ulna in his left forearm.  He had
surgery Sunday morning, where they placed a plate on each of the fractured
bones along with 13 screws.  Crozier is hoping to be back on skates within
a few weeks, but will probably not play for at least 8 weeks.

After reveiwing the tape, Red Berenson was convinced it was a clean play.
Red has shown the tape to his players at practice to convince them that
the play was clean, hopefully (I'm assuming) to help prevent any
retaliation come Saturday.

For the full article, see:
http://www.pub.umich.edu/daily/1996/nov/11-12-96/sports/sports3.html

For what it's worth, Bubba Berenzweig's "Faulkner's absolutely dead"
comment was uncalled for and was a stupid thing to say.  I'm not making
excuses for him, but the comment was made directly after the game in the
height of all the emotion.

Alex Bricker's commments are right in the aspect that one cannot blame
only BG for the fighting and general ugliness of the game.  Botterill
definitely could have avoided the benchside brawl, and Merrick's classless
crosscheck 30 seconds later was unnecessary.  But, Alex, the Price and
Berenzweig "fight" was ALL Price.  There was no reason for the two to get
together, Price made it happen.  Berenzweig deserved the DQ, as he didn't
turn "turtle" and he did punch back.  But if Berenzweig deserves a 1 game
suspension, Price deserves 2 games (I know, not gonna happen, but it's how
I feel).

From the Top Row,
Roger

// Roger L Spurgeon     [log in to unmask]