From:
"Cheryl A. Morris" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cheryl A. Morris
Date:
Fri, 8 Nov 1996 17:10:47 EST
I don't know why, but I can't help myself.  I'll wade into this annual mudfest.

Harry Emmian
Harry abhors physical play.  In the last game at the Fieldhouse Harry called an
Army player for roughing on an RPI skater (don't remember who--I guess I should
turn in my cherry red sweatshirt) at center ice.  The RPi skater had the puck!
He was trying to get rid of it when the Army skater nailed him.  100% clean in
my book.  (Would I be saying that had RPI lost......well)  Harry likes to call
penalties.  But you never know whether it's the first or third period.  So
Sometimes Harry likes to call everything in the first--which means the third
will be a slugest.  Or, alternatively,  the play will be allowed in the first,
and then witness the parade of bodies to the sin bin in the second and third.
This is usually the style when he is paired with John Gallagher.

Harry is not the worst though.  I just don't like his style.  I like clean