From:
Kevin Coty <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kevin Coty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Nov 1996 15:30:25 -0500
John Knight wrote:

>     Thought I would take public a ongoing discussion we have been having.
>     Of active DI head coaches, who were the best collegiate players?  We
>     have not gone much out of the ECAC for consideration yet(so far the
>     consensus seems to be Dan Fridgen).  Would be curious to see what
>     every one else thought.
>
>     Besides after all the recent posts about lack of posts, I thought this
>     might stir it up a little.

Here are my picks from the CCHA.  (in no particular order)

Name                                        played/coach
stats (in any)

Dave Poulin                             ND/ND
(89-107-196)
Mark Mazzoleni                      MSU/Miami
2094 saves  32.9 saves/game
Red Berenson                         UOM/UOM

John Markell                           BGSU/OSU
(102-134-236)

Comments:
I don't know much about the other conferences so I only commented on the
CCHA.  All stats were taken from  the CCHA web site.  Just my $0.02.

Kevin Coty
OSU '93
Miami '96

Kevin Coty                                              "Earth, go figure"
Molecular Genetics Dept                                --John Lithgow
The Ohio State University
Columbus, OH 43210                                           (614) 688-4227
[log in to unmask]                                          FAX  (614) 292-4466