From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Oct 1996 12:34:56 -0500
At 11:27 PM 10/28/96 -0500, William Black wrote:
>What is the current status of Maine's appeal?Is it the intent of the board to
>not rule until it so late it will not matter?  Seems that not having a final
>ruling is a form of punishment itself.

Well, remember the punishment has been handed out.  I don't view the time
the current matter is taking as a punishment because they only thing that
Maine is waiting on is to see if the punishment is taken away.

As far as the time frame, the NCAA Council just granted the Appellate
committee a two week extension.  It should be the middle of next month
before Maine hears anything, but it will likely take longer than that.  The
only way this will be done early next month is if the NCAA just agrees with
Maine completely, which while technically possible isn't very likely.

Otherwise there are several steps that might have to be followed, including
a hearing, and another month could be added.

---
Deron Treadwell - [log in to unmask]
Editor, US College Hockey Online
USCHO:  http://uscollegehockey.com