From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Oct 1996 22:10:30 -0500
At 05:00 PM 10/28/96 EST, Cheryl A. Morris wrote:

>This in spite of my assumption that Bruce Crowder's head coaching
ascendancy >would reap immediate dividends for the Huskies.

I would contend that in some ways, it has.

Regardless of the possibility that Michigan State might have looked past the
Huskies, Crowder's team beat the #7 team in the nation, a team who is picked
by many to be top 3 in perhaps the toughest conference in hockey this year,
the CCHA.  This is a huge win for Northeastern, and while I don't think it
means they will immediately avoid the Hockey East cellar, I do think that if
most any other coach is behind the bench Michigan State might well win that
game.

Crowder proved at UML that he can get the most out of players, that is what
makes all the "good" coaches "great", certainly Sunday he got the most out
of his Huskies.  It will be more telling to see how they come off this win
and if this is an illusion, or the beginnings of somethign more.
---
Deron Treadwell - [log in to unmask]
Editor, US College Hockey Online
USCHO:  http://uscollegehockey.com