From:
TerryTuschen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TerryTuschen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Oct 1996 18:36:00 CDT
Ok, here's my take on the trivia question:

A pure hat trick is when a single player scores the first 3 goals in a game.

A natural hat trick is when a single player scores 3 consecutive goals in a
game, without the opposing team scoring in between, and the goals are not
the first three scored in the contest.  (For example, in a game, the score is
1-1, and Joe Player then proceeds to score 3 goals in a row, boom,boom,boom,
making the score 4-1, he/she has then tallied a "natural hat trick"

I think I'm right about the "natural" and I'm pretty sure about the "pure"

Yours,

Terry E. Tuschen Jr.

University of Wisconsin-Madison                   WISCONSIN BADGERS
Space Science and Engineering            NCAA DIV. 1 Mens Ice Hockey Champions
McIDAS Archive                            1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, 1997?!
[log in to unmask]                           "A great day for hockey!"
http://www.ssec.wisc.edu/~terryt/ssec.html