From:
"Todd D. Milewski" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Todd D. Milewski
Date:
Tue, 22 Oct 1996 14:35:26 -0500
At 01:22 PM 10/22/96 -0500, William Groskreutz wrote:
>I was reading some of the opinions of this series from various people on
>the list, and today I looked at the actual stats from the weekend.  A lot
>of people were bragging on how good the Badgers Power Play looked, but
>for the entire weekend they went 1 for 10.  Furthermore, they went 1 for
>8 against SCSU on Friday night when SCSU was out of sync.  I think if it
>was that good they should have went at least 4 for 8 against an out of
>sync team.

I think what most people were proud of was the fact that we actually got
some good shots on goal on the power play, as opposed to last year, when the
student section actually got the chant of "Sauer Play" going to the band's
chants of "Power Play."

Friday night was a nice sight, but Saturday looked like last year's bunch,
when UW couldn't even get the puck over blue more than once on some power
plays.  It looked like they were waiting for SCSU to make a mistake.

Sometimes, you have to force the other team to make a mistake, though.

Todd D. Milewski        [log in to unmask]

"I don't think they did their homework.  We're not an eighth-place team."
                        -Jeff Sauer, on WCHA coaches picking the Badgers
                         to finish eighth in the conference.