From:
Stu Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 22 Oct 1996 13:48:54 -0500
William Groskreutz III wrote:

> I was reading some of the opinions of this series from various people on
> the list, and today I looked at the actual stats from the weekend.  A lot
> of people were bragging on how good the Badgers Power Play looked, but
> for the entire weekend they went 1 for 10.  Furthermore, they went 1 for
> 8 against SCSU on Friday night when SCSU was out of sync.  I think if it
> was that good they should have went at least 4 for 8 against an out of
> sync team.
>
> On the other side of the puck, SCSU went 2 for 8 for the series on Power
> Plays.  And of these, on Saturday night they went 2 for 3.
>
> Now, I'm not trying to bad mouth the Badger fans or anything, but
> statistic wise SCSU has a better power play and penalty killing unit.
> (Maybe because they always seem to be in the box for something.)
> Personally, I'm surprised that SCSU split the series with the Badgers.  I
> was looking at a Badger sweep for my own predictions.
>
> bill
>
>  William Groskreutz III
>  [log in to unmask]  or  [log in to unmask]
>  http://www.stcloud.msus.edu/~wgrosk
>  St. Cloud State University, St. Cloud MN
>  Mathematics Department Faculty
>
> =====-----=====-----=====-----=====-----=====-----=====-----====\-----=====-----
>             |                         /    @  ______            |
>     _O_      \\O_       _O_       _O//      \_O_/  |\       \_O_/    He Shoots!
> \__< 9<       \/        \/       _\ /       ( / ) =| \        9 |
>      \\ =    / / =     _/| =     /          ## [ )_|__\     / |      He Scores!
>      ~~     ~ ~        ~ ~      ~                          ~  ~

Bill,

To know our PPlay is to know that more than one shot per PPlay is quite
an improvement. Since Rafalski left, we never had any one to control the
point, therefore no shots.

We were quite excited to at least see all the shots and crashing the
net... as fans we were like kids in a candy store.

The next step is figuring out how to actually score.

Go Red,

SHB