From:
Jeffrey Partnow <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeffrey Partnow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Oct 1996 14:16:25 -0500
Earlier today,
Lee Sveinson
wrote:
>Here is a quick thought on one of the new rules.
>
>The rule to which I am refering, is the rule where the teams cannot do a
>warm up skate before the second and third period begins, only the
>starting line up from each team that are going to start the period are
>allowed to warm up.

=============Reply==============
The "New Rule" was ignored in Fairbanks this weekend, as both teams, the
ref, and the 2 ASSISTANT REFEREES (they're not just linesmen anymore) all
warmed up before all periods. I agree, it's a silly rule.

The more interesting new rule is the "No need to tag up when coming out of
the penalty box" rule. The intent was, I understand, to create more
breakaways, and it certainly did, as Sean Fraser blew in twice for UAF
scores, seconds after serving his two minutes. Goalies are going to hate
this one-- looks like a jailbreak several times a game.
--jeff

--Jeff Partnow ([log in to unmask])
UAF-- Best 0-5 team on the planet!