From:
Darrin Reed Wassom <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 26 Sep 1996 13:39:07 +0000
On 26 Sep 96 at 11:02, John R. Nash floored us with:
<snip>
> According to another new rule, "any concerted or widespread
> conduct by the fans which results in the littering of the ice
> with any type of object will not be tolerated. A two-minute delay
> of game penalty may be assessed against the home team." The new
> rule, aimed primarily at Florida fans who pelted the ice with
> plastic rats following goals last season, will not apply to fans
> who toss hats onto the ice to celebrate a hat trick.

What will this do the Octupus tradition in Detroit?? Seems stupid
that because of the antics of one team's fans that such an old and
great tradition would suffer in Detroit.

In keeping with the spirit of the list I will also mention that MSU
has their preseason hockey page up on the web. Check it out!!

http://spartans.msu.edu/teams/hockey/96preview.html

-Darrin

Darrin Wassom
Michigan State University