From:
Josh Kleinbaum <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Josh Kleinbaum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Jul 1996 17:42:19 -0400
At 03:46 PM 7/31/96 -0400, Jim Love wrote:

>  Yes indeed it's a harsh penalty, but how is it that the man in charge
>when the infractions (that precipitated the harsh penalty to begin with)
>were committed has escaped NC$$ sanctions ??

        Not that I don't think Shawn Walsh shouldn't have been greater
penalized (at this point, I haven't made up my mind), you can't say that he
escaped NC$$ sanctions, he just managed to keep his job.  Keep in mind, he
was suspended for one year by the school.  The NC$$ just figured one year's
enough.  And his program is being hit hard.  For a coach, I'd imagine that,
while not as bad as being fired, sanctions against the program that you run
such as this is pretty devastating.

                                -Josh