From:
TerryTuschen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TerryTuschen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Jul 1996 14:54:00 CDT
<Charles wrote>
Date:    Mon, 22 Jul 1996 16:41:46 -0400
From:    Charles Bell <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Rumor mongering

Per Jeff's comments about chaning the CCHA and WCHA:
        I don't mean to play devil's advocate, but in a way, doesn't it make
sense to have the
leagues as follows:
        WCHA:  All MN, ND, CO, WI,  and AL teams.
        CCHA:  Loose AL team and add MI teams.
Does anyone know why it was not done this way in the first place?  I really
don't believe that loosing
the MI teams would be nearly as big of a loss as loosing one of the MN teams.
 The reason is the
rivalries between teams not in MI with the teams in MI are not nearly as
strong as any of the other
states (IMHO).  Finally, with Mankato possibly entering the WCHA, it would
leave the league as a
TRUE western conference.
                                                        Charles
http://www.aero.und.nodak.edu/~cbell