From:
"Ralph N. Baer" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ralph N. Baer
Date:
Thu, 20 Jun 1996 05:16:47 EDT
[log in to unmask] wrote:

> Yeah, over here in DC where it is incredibly muggy, no one is thinking about
> hockey (with the exception of street hockey).

For some of us in DC, thinking about hockey is the only thing that keeps
us going through the hot, humid summers.  However, it really hasn't been
too humid yet.  Then again, summer has not quite arrived officially yet.

The fact that a certain Capital goalie who once played for the Badgers won
the Vezina Trophy did make the front page of this morning's Washington Post
sports section although it was not the lead article.  (D*mn it, I was rooting
for Puppa.)  I do agree that there is no college hockey talk anywhere in the
area this time of the year -- although in this regard it is no different in
the winter.

Obligatory college hockey content: Has anybody seen last year's stats of
RPI's recruits yet?  (That is, besides for Brian Poitier's which were in the
draft preview issue of The Hockey News.)  Also does anyone know anything
about Peter Gardiner and Steve Caley who played for the Wexford Raiders last
year and Dan Lyons of the Kent School besides for their heights and weights?

Ralph Baer
RPI '68, '70, '74