From:
Chuck Cliff <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 26 Mar 1996 20:20:21 -0500
In a message dated 96-03-26 13:18:51 EST, [log in to unmask] (Deron
Treadwell) writes:

>Hasn't Lake State had run-ins with Cole in the past??  Could that possibly
>be entering into the view point here?

Frank Cole did the LSSU-Clarkson NCAA quarterfinal series in 1991. In the
third game he was absolutely horrible. I will admit this is in my biased
opinion. I have read that Frank is a highly regarded official.  I would take
the fact that he is a NCAA ref every year (?) as evidence of this. I would
also think that there is some possibility that Frank's skills have improved
in the last five years. But the situation after the Clarkson was ugly and I
also don't think it was smart of the NC$$ to open this old wound.

BTW is McConaghey (sp?) still around and if so, has he done another Wisconsin
game?

Chuck Cliff