From:
Arthur Berman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 19 Mar 1996 06:45:31 -0700
On Mon, 18 Mar 1996, Mike Machnik wrote:

> The argument was that allowing Lowell to remain in Albany,
> especially when they rank high enough to belong there, could have done
> more to strengthen one program's fan base than almost any other
> decision that was made.  That helps interest in college hockey to
> grow and is good for the sport.
> ---                                                                   ---
There is a reason why most of us type in NC$$.  This is an organization that
couldn't care less about fair competition or rewarding merit.  Lowell got
shafted, and I agree with Mike that the NC$$, not the committee, is where
the responsibility lies.  I'm glad that we hockey fans at least explore
the issues involved in this.  It amazes me as a UConn basketball fan that
the issue of moving top teams out of their region is not even discussed
for hoops, the idea of moving teams is a nonfactor, of course attendance
issues are not the same for basketball.

Arthur Berman [log in to unmask]
GO BU!!! NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!!!
NAYIM FROM THE HALFWAY LINE!!!