Date:
Mon, 18 Mar 1996 23:36:19 -0500
 I am very upset over the alleged comments someone said I made.  Since I am
not  on the internet , I was informed by a couple of coaches. They both said
these comments didn't sound like me.  I would like to see the article(s) from
the paper where  these quotes appeared.  If someone has this article(s),
please fax it to me at 719-389-6873.
 I apologize to all the great teams and fans from Hockey East and the ECAC.
 I have tremendous respect for the coaches and players from both leagues.
 There is no difference in the quality of college hockey played in the East
or West.
 I know how ridiculous this is when I see I was quoted as saying I would
trade a #1 West seed for a #3  East seed. There isn't  a coach who would
rather play two games  instead of one to get to the final four.  We worked
hard all year long to get a bye in the NCAAs and were justly rewarded.
 There are outstanding teams across the country and the NCAA tournament
should be exciting for the teams and fans.  I hope I have seen the last of
these quotes. I wish all the teams good luck.  Don Lucia