From:
MR ADAM C WODON <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
MR ADAM C WODON <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Mar 1996 14:20:37 EST
-- [ From: Adam Wodon * EMC.Ver #2.10P ] --

> If Cornell's fan base is so great, then they will go
> anywhere to support their team - even to Michigan.  So
> that's where they should have gone.  That's where they
> belong.  Getting to play a virtual home game because
> you're hosting the tournament is one thing.  But getting
> to play one when you squeaked in is another.

I'd agree that Cornell fans would be more apt to show up at Michigan
than a lot of other teams -- but ....

   I don't know a whole lot about the number-crunching and the
committee's thinking, but my take on Lowell was that the committee
needed to balance out the regions.  If No. 6 Cornell went to the West
and No. 4 Lowell went back East, then that would have unfairly knocked
Clarkson to a No. 6 seed, and made Cornell a No. 5 seed in the West
ahead of Providence.
    Putting an equal number of "strong" and "weak" teams in the two
brackets seemed to make sense to me, moreso than any other reason I've
heard from the committee or others.

AW