From:
John Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Mar 1996 09:34:13 EST
I'm going to assume BGSU was the "13th team" for the tournament. If that's the
case, would there have been any difference had they played (and won) a
consolation game against MSU?

As for MSU staying home, I think that College Hockey isn't big enough yet
to have people show up to the Regionals no matter who is playing. I don't
have a problem with MSU or RPI or whoever being guaranteed home ice if
they qualify for the tournament. It's a hell of a lot better than the
Canadian way of ensuring teams bid for tournaments - granting the host
team an automatic berth in the tournament. So, imagine RPI in the East
Regionals and Miami in the Phinal Phour. Now cringe.

See you later,
John

--
John Edwards       Stats Geek, Ottawa Senators Jr. A Hockey Club  (35-17-2)
                   QF vs Brockville (4-1 Ott) Next: SF vs. Glouc./Hawkes.