From:
Dave Hendrickson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dave Hendrickson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Mar 1996 11:05:55 EST
Sean Pickett wrote:

> My top three would be:
>
> 1 Whittemore Center, New Hampshire
> 2 Walter Brown Arena, Boston University
> 3 Gutterson Field House, Vermont
>
> And yes, I really like Walter Brown Arena.  I would have it firts,
> except the new Whittemore Center is really an extermely first rate
> facility.

I would have The Whittemore winning hands down.  Actually, I'm not all that
fond of Walter Brown.  It has the worst parking problems of any Hockey East
facility, being orders of magnitude worse than most others.   And while it
seems that almost every seat in The Whittemore is a good one, that cannot be
said about Walter Brown.  In the two UMass-Lowell games there this year, I've
loved the atmosphere but been unable to see most of the goals.  There
are lousy seats in almost every rink, and BU's loyal fandom insures that
visitors will get them at Walter Brown if they can get anything at all, but
I'm not sure if any rink can match The Whittemore for sight lines from best-to-
worst seat in the house.  (Caveat: I haven't yet visited the Alfond or Mullins
Center.)

DaveH