From:
"Fulton, Jeff" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Fulton, Jeff
Date:
Wed, 28 Feb 1996 12:27:00 EST
The name of the official that was accosted in the 1992 Championship game was
Tim McConaghy and from what I understand the Badgers forfeited the $100,000
purse afforded to each team in the NCAA final.

I was at that game and I believe Referee McConaghy did a superb job.  A good
referee is a consistent referee. The penalty called on Wisconsin in the
final two minutes of that game, was the same penalty McConaghy called in the
first and second period of that same game.  The fine given Wisconsin  was
more than justified,  to attack an official for a teams undisciplined play
is inexcusable.